Sunday, November 30, 2008

Angel and Chaos

December was going to start big for Angel. She was supposed to go to her new foster home today, meet her new companions Shelly and Mickey, and have eye and spay surgery this Wednesday. Well, Angel had her own plans. She’s in heat! This will postpone the surgery for a few weeks. On top of that she is still coughing a little. She might have to be put on a different antibiotic; I will need to consult with my vet tomorrow. We did a lot of preparations yesterday to make her feel comfortable in her new home and we wanted to have the dogs meet outside, on neutral ground to give them a chance to gradually get to know each other. Of course, things got a little complicated. It was a miserable day today; rain, sleet and strong winds. So the outside get-together wasn’t happening. I wasn’t completely sure how the dogs will react to each other considering the new circumstances. There were just too many variables and I decided that it would be the best for Angel to delay her transfer. She needs to completely recover so she doesn't infect other dogs.

On the upside, Angel is getting more and more playful. Chris and Burcin took these videos of Angel tugging, chewing, nipping and kissing. Isn’t she just adorable?! It comes so naturally to her; you can’t tell she is blind.










She got her well deserved beauty sleep afterwards.

4 comments:

  1. Mikey and Shelly keep staring at this big empty crate in their living room (and you know they think it's THEIR room not mine) with the big comfy pillow and wondering, "what's that for?". I think they and Angel are going to be great together 'till she gets her forever home. The videos are adorable and the picture in the crate is very sweet. As for her cough, I've been thinking...has anyone considered some chicken soup?

    ReplyDelete
  2. She is just so adorable! If I didn't have two pups already in my tiny apartment, I would have taken her in a heartbeat! She is doing great Ewelina!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just found your blog today as a link from Best Friends. Take a look at the website for Rolling Dog Ranch (http://rollingdogranch.org/about/index.html)in Montana. They take in only "disabled" animals, many blind. Angel is a beauty and a sweetie and you are wonderful for helping her out when so many others wouldn't even look. Kisses to your sweet face, Angel

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am VERY moved by this story.(I read this story in the Queens Chronicle) and have emailed it to most of my friends. I had tears on my eyes after finishing reading this story.
    How BRAVE you are!
    Thank you!
    Thank You!
    Thank You
    For saving this poor dog's Life.
    Leo,
    Elmuhurst, Queens

    ReplyDelete