Sunday, November 23, 2008

Walking Angel

Angel and I went for a little walk today. Her hair is so short that I knew she’s going to be freezing in today’s 30 degree weather; I got her a cute sweater but it was too small… I’m not used to dealing with dogs that are cold in the winter. I’ll have to return it and get her something a little bigger.


She was following me nicely; only occasionally stubbornly stopping and not wanting to move. Sometimes she sticks her nose up in the air and tries to sniff out the surroundings. It’s really adorable to watch her.


















Angel’s appetite is changing from day to day. One day she’s eating, one day she’s not. She is now treated for roundworm. The operations are going to be done the week after Thanksgiving.


4 comments:

  1. are you going to keep her? it looks like you two get along well. i'm sending her lots of loving thoughts from brooklyn.

    ReplyDelete
  2. awww what an adorable dog.....your are a very loving person to save a dog off the streets and i'm sure spend lots of $$ helping her get well. God bless you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love her harness! I can't wait to see her in a sweater.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi, I have a special food that I make for my 10 Sibes when they do not want to eat or "special need time" like hiding meds. Here is the recipe for you to try with this sweet Angel girl.This is a Home-made food that we use for sick, pregnant dogs, and the pups when they start eating food. It is great to use to hide medicines in also. Rice Protein Mix --- 1lb ground Turkey roll or beef, 2 cans chicken broth, 3 cups instant rice. Brown turkey or beef in skillet with 1/8 teas of garlic powder (not garlic salt!), Put broth in pan and bring to boil- take off heat and put rice in. Stir occasionally until rice absorbs broth, then put in turkey or beef mixture and stir again. You can also use shredded cooked chicken or turkey instead of the ground meat. When cooled some, put into air tight containers and refrigerate. Can be re-heated in micro at ½ power for 1 minute

    ReplyDelete